Monday, January 9, 2012

Letter from Elder Rife~January9, 2012


Hi everyone! 

Another transfer disappears. And I have a new companion! His name is Elder Dorrough. He's from Arizona but went to Timpview high school. He was my older group in the MTC so we already knew each other. We had a really good first week together and we worked pretty hard. We saw some serious miracles this week. (Dad, Elder Lee went to 의정부.) So it was fun to get a new companion and show him the area and everything. I'm senior companion now but Elder Dorrough is going to pass off this transfer and we'll see what happens next transfer! It's always a mystery. 

I never really noticed how much having three Korean companions has helped my Korean. I'm so thankful that I was able to have so many amazing Korean companions to help me understand Korean a little bit better. I'm starting to feel more comfortable lately and am finding that I can say lots of things if I just think about it. I'm so thankful to have already lived in Korea before. It's definitely helped me. I am starting to really love learning more Korean and I really hope that I can speak well and say the things that I want to say to people as we teach them the gospel. I was telling Elder Dorrough this week that we get to have such a special experience in teaching the Korean people the gospel in their own language. It's an experience that not many people get to have.

This week we had lots of success on the street talking to people and setting up appointments. We spent almost a whole day at our apartment this week organizing all of our thousands of member, investigator, and less active records. It was pretty intense and I had a bad case of cabin fever after. But it paid off! Last night we took all the former investigator records to the church and both started calling like crazy for 2 hours. We set up 8 appointments for this week and now we are all of a sudden super busy. Four of the people we called said that they wanted to come to church next week. Two of the people said that they had been waiting for us to call them. So it was a miracle day for us yesterday and if everything goes well this week we should have about 10 new investigators. I'm so excited!! So today we are going to make some more calls and try to fill up the rest of our week. 

It's always a weird week when you get a new companion or get transferred but it's good to have change. I think it helps us to progress as missionaries. We can't get too comfortable anywhere or with anyone cause we're always moving and getting put with new people. I'm excited for this transfer though. We really do have so much potential and we will have many opportunities to teach the gospel. Which is just what we need. Like my dad always said, "A teaching missionary is a happy missionary."

Well it's about time to go. Just want to say thank you to everyone who is supporting me and praying for me. I feel of your love and support each day so thank you so much!

I love you all!

Elder Rife

No comments:

Post a Comment