Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Letter from Elder Rife~October 4

I'm glad my family loved the surprise and the pictures from my visit to Daejeon. It was so amazing to get to go back.

There actually wasn't a whole lot that happened last week. We hit almost all of our goals and we really had a good week. We talked to a lot of people and we focused mostly on visiting members. We taught 14 lessons to members last week.

On Friday we went on splits with a missionary who was returning home to Korea from Japan. He's in our ward and needed to be with someone for a few hours while he was waiting to be released. It was fun to be with him and streetboard with him. He kept speaking Japanese and was really having a hard time speaking Korean. When he did speak Korean it sounded pretty weird, even to me. So just a warning, I won't be able to speak English very well when I get home. I can already feel my English skills getting worse.

We set our legit baptismal date with 윤상영. He's so awesome. At church two days ago it was fast Sunday (we will watch conference this week) and so he heard everyone bearing their testimonies and told us that he wants to bear his testimony next month after he gets baptized! So amazing. He truly is prepared. We're trying to put together some gifts for him for his baptism. We got him a small triple combo in Korean and we want to get him some sweet new ties.

On Sunday we went out to a different part of our area that we haven't gone to yet. We wanted to do some member visits and try to talk to people there. It's a new city that's pretty big and really really nice. Everything is more spread out like America and there are even American style houses. While we were walking around we ran into an American couple who are members. They live there but go to an English ward which is why we didn't know them. They want to have us over as often as possible to eat and share a gospel message. I'm so excited! They are so cool. It will be crazy to share a gospel message in English. I'm pumped.

It's getting super cold here. And for some reason the trees haven't changed colors yet. I'm confused. When we go out at night I FREEZE. I'm so excited to get my coat in the mail.

This week's church was really good. I felt like we really got so much closer with the ward. I love the ward here and I really want to be so close with them. We have 4 appointments to eat with members this week. I'm so excited.

The rest of our time was spent talking to people and trying to find new investigators. It's hard to find investigators through just proselyting; I haven't really found too many like that. Hopefully we can find a few new investigators this week!

I don't have time to expound on it but I read 1 Peter chapter one this week and it was amazing; I couldn't stop reading. I have two verses that I want to share:

1 Peter 3:15,17
15 - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.
17 - For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
2 verses I loved this week!

I love you all and pray for you each day!!

-Elder Rife

No comments:

Post a Comment