Monday, November 5, 2012

Letter from Elder Rife~November 5, 2012


Hey everyone! This last week was really good!! I literally have like ten minutes to write about it so I'll try to write as much as I can.

Last Tuesday we picked up a new investigator named Sister Lee. Apparently she is famous in Korea because she and her twin sister play the 가야금 which is a Korean traditional harp.. They play together and sing pop songs and stuff. Her sister got honors from the president of Korea for being the best Korean harp player in the country. We met her at the church on Tuesday with some of the couple missionaries as our members present and we had a really good lesson. Sister Lee was someone I called from an old investigator record and she was super happy to meet again and really just wants to learn about the Book of Mormon and where it came from and why we need it. So she has tons of potential and I'm really excited to teach her!

On Wednesday I did a district meeting about becoming sanctified and we used a lot of the scriptures and things I have been thinking about lately for the meeting and it went well. I felt like everyone learned something new.

We met with Sister Park again last week and I felt some inspiration to make a deal with her to read the whole Book of Mormon by January 16th which is how long I will be here (at least). She accepted the deal and was really excited because she wanted to read it but felt like she needed something to push her. She told me that it was revelation from God to suggest that we start reading the Book of Mormon together. We are also going to read some of the Bible together at her request which I was okay with as long as we are reading the Book of Mormon too. So now we are all going to read 3 chapters each day until January 16th!

We met with a lot of our investigators last week and had a lot of good things happen but I don't have time to write them. Things are going amazingly lately and I am loving every second of my mission!

Thanks for all of your support! I love you!

-Elder Rife

No comments:

Post a Comment