Sunday, September 9, 2012

Letter from Elder Rife~September 10, 2012

Last week was the last week of my first transfer in i-mun! It's crazy that I've already been here for a whole transfer. Tonight is transfer calls but when you are training you are usually together for two transfers and since we are white washing I'm not expecting anything to happen this time.

Last week we met with several of our investigators and we met with three new investigators. I talked about a Sister Park from last week. We met with her and we learned a lot more about her. We also got her to start reading the Book of Mormon again. She was amazed at the fact that we listened so well when she was speaking and at all of the questions we would ask her.

We've started going through all of our old potential investigator sheets and texting all of the people on the lists because most of the people in our area are college students and they respond to texting more than to calls. It's worked so well. We have about 6 more people we are lined up to meet this next week, all from texting. One of them, Brother Seo, said that he is having a really hard time in his life and that he needs something to rely on. We are meeting him next Sunday to teach him about the gospel. We also got a referral from one of the members of our branch. He brought one of his friends to play soccer with us on Saturday morning and we got closer with him and invited him to meet with us and learn more and he said yes. And we received a referral from some other missionaries of a guy who already has accepted the soft baptismal commitment and is living in our area. We have so much potential and we are being so blessed lately.

Something I've thought about lately is just letting our light shine forth as members of the Church. If we just live our lives well and let the light that we have shine then people will notice and will want to know how we are so happy. It's really been the key for our success with missionary work lately. We don't force people to listen to what we say out on the street but we greet everyone we walk by and let them see the light shining in our eyes and try to spark up a conversation with them. Most of the success we have been seeing lately is just because people are curious about why we are so happy. That's what the gospel is! Pure, eternal happiness.

My mission has been such an amazing time for me to figure out who I am and what I want to make with my life. I've learned so much more in the last year and a half than I had in the 19 years previous to that.

I'm sorry that I didn't go into very much detail about all of our investigators! Sister Jee is progressing well but she can't come to Church because she has an English study group every Sunday at 11 in the morning. Please pray that something will change and she will be able to come to Church! That's the next step for her.

I love you all!! Thanks for your support.

-Elder Rife

No comments:

Post a Comment