Saturday, March 26, 2011

Letter from Elder Rife~March 23, 2011

Dear Mom and Dad/Family,

I’m okay! We were told to write you a quick letter just so you know that I’m okay and alive. Today was really surreal. We jumped right into everything the second we got here. I’ll write more about the spiritual stuff on Tuesday (which is our P-day).

They have a saying here: “The weeks feel like days, and the days feel like weeks.” Today felt like a week! I know I’m doing the right thing and I have tons of support. Eleven weeks kinda seems like an eternity though.

Today it was hard for me when everyone was learning the alphabet. It will be humbling. My comp is Elder Boyer. He went to PG High. He’s really nice. I met Elder Coward too. He’s in my district and we share a room. Don’t worry about me! I’ll write more and send pics on Tuesday.

I love you!

Elder Rife

P.S. I unpacked all my stuff and my CTR ring was sitting at the bottom of my bag. I have no clue how it got there but it made me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment